FOUNDATION (Level 1) Coaching Course
The new coaching framework has seen a new introductory course implemented. This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner coaches.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Coach when they successfully complete the following requirements:
- Theoretical component: Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Coach course
- Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
- Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent
- The candidate must be at least 14 years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Here is the step by step process on registering successfully for the foundation course:
- Sign up to Play By The Rules and create an account
- Candidates must complete two modules through the Sports Australia, these are two free modules which roughly take 30 minutes each to complete.
a. Harassment and Discrimination: Click here
b. Child Safety: Click here
- Once both modules are complete, download and save the completed certificates.
- Login to the Australia foundation course link below:
- Wait for automated email, if this doesn’t occur immediately check your junk email. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, contact email@example.com
Target Audience: Spikezone, Junior Club, Primary and Secondary School Teachers
Prerequisites: Child Safety, Harassment and Discrimination see links above.
Duration: Up to 2 hours
Volleyball Australia has announced that as of August 24 2018, the Foundation Coaching and Officiating course prices have increased to $49.50. Should anyone have any questions about this change please contact the Volleyball Australia Office.
DEVELOPMENT (Level 2) Coaching Course
This course is delivered through a one day face-to-face course.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Talent Development Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
State League Club, Associations, State Team Assistants, School honours level coaches.
Candidates must be a current Foundation Coach
Completed the Community Coach General Principles course ASC Online Community Coach General Principles
Theoretical component: a one day (7hrs) course and completion of prescribed assessment activities.
Practical component requires a candidate complete:
20 hours coaching practice post-course. Of these 20 hours, 6 hours must be supervised by a recognised mentor who will provide feedback to the candidate on their performance
The candidate must be 16years old to be eligible for this accreditation
MASTER (Level 4) Coach Course
Target Audience: High Performance
A coach is an accredited a Volleyball Master Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
- Elite Coaching qualification
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Be currently coaching and have coached (as a Head Coach) for a minimum of three out of the last five years at one of the following levels:
- State institute or academy program
- VA Junior Development Program
- Assistant Coach within a VA senior team program
Theoretical component: A year long mentoring program with prescribed in-course assessment activities.
Should you have any questions regarding your accreditation please contact Volleyball Australia firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 6214 3503
FIVB Coaching Courses
For coaching courses run by the FIVB visit
– FIVB www.fivb.org/EN/Technical-Coach/
For more information please contact email@example.com