FOUNDATION (Level 1) Coaching Course
The new coaching framework has seen a new introductory course implemented. This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner coaches.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Coach when they successfully complete the following requirements:
- Theoretical component: Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Coach course
- Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
- Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent
- The candidate must be at least 14 years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Here is the step by step process on registering successfully for the foundation course:
- Sign up to Play By The Rules and create an account
- Candidates must complete two modules through the Sports Australia, these are two free modules which roughly take 30 minutes each to complete.
a. Harassment and Discrimination: Click here
b. Child Safety: Click here
- Once both modules are complete, download and save the completed certificates.
- Login to the Australia foundation course link below:
- Wait for automated email, if this doesn’t occur immediately check your junk email. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Audience: Spikezone, Junior Club, Primary and Secondary School Teachers
Prerequisites: Child Safety, Harassment and Discrimination see links above.
Duration: Up to 2 hours
Volleyball Australia has announced that as of August 24 2018, the Foundation Coaching and Officiating course prices have increased to $49.50. Should anyone have any questions about this change please contact the Volleyball Australia Office.
DEVELOPMENT (Level 2) Coaching Course
This course is delivered through a one day face-to-face course.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Talent Development Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
State League Club, Associations, State Team Assistants, School honours level coaches.
Candidates must be a current Foundation Coach
Completed the Community Coach General Principles course ASC Online Community Coach General Principles
Theoretical component: a one day (7hrs) course and completion of prescribed assessment activities.
Practical component requires a candidate complete:
20 hours coaching practice post-course. Of these 20 hours, 6 hours must be supervised by a recognised mentor who will provide feedback to the candidate on their performance
The candidate must be 16years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Saturday October 19th
8:45am – 4pm
State Volleyball Centre
270 Stud Road, Dandenong North VIC
Group bookings of 4 or more from the same club/school or association will be granted a 20% overall discount. Group bookings need to be emailed to email@example.com prior to the course to ensure processed correctly.
Presenter: Nic Kaiser
Registrations close the Thursday before the course date.
MASTER (Level 4) Coach Course
Target Audience: High Performance
A coach is an accredited a Volleyball Master Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
- Elite Coaching qualification
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Be currently coaching and have coached (as a Head Coach) for a minimum of three out of the last five years at one of the following levels:
- State institute or academy program
- VA Junior Development Program
- Assistant Coach within a VA senior team program
Theoretical component: A year long mentoring program with prescribed in-course assessment activities.
Should you have any questions regarding your accreditation please contact Volleyball Australia firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 6214 3503
FIVB Coaching Courses
For coaching courses run by the FIVB visit
– FIVB www.fivb.org/EN/Technical-Coach/
For more information please contact email@example.com