FOUNDATION (Level 1) Coaching Course
The new coaching framework has seen a new introductory course implemented. This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner coaches.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Coach when they successfully complete the following requirements:
- Theoretical component: Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Coach course
- Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
- Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent
- The candidate must be at least 14 years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Here is the Step-by-Step process on registering successfully for the foundation course:
- Sign up to Play By The Rules and create an account
- Candidates must complete two modules through the Sports Australia, these are two free modules which roughly take 30 minutes each to complete.
a. Harassment and Discrimination: Click here
b. Child Safety: Click here
- Once both modules are complete, download and save the completed certificates.
- Login to the Australia foundation course link below:
- Wait for automated email, if this doesn’t occur immediately check your junk email. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Audience: Spikezone, Junior Club, Primary and Secondary School Teachers
Prerequisites: Child Safety, Harassment and Discrimination see links above.
Duration: Up to 2 hours
Volleyball Australia has announced that as of August 24 2018, the Foundation Coaching and Officiating course prices have increased to $49.50. Should anyone have any questions about this change please contact the Volleyball Australia Office.