Aussie Volleyball USA are conducting a High Performance Development Camp these school holidays!
This two day camp is available to players and coaches.
Lead by an amazing line up of Head Coaches, whose National and International experiences as players and coaches is set to challenge, educate and extend our players and coaches alike.
Below is a small glimpse of what these Head Coaches have achieved in their volleyball careers.
Head Coach, Deitre Collins:
- University of Hawaii graduate.
- Winner of the Broderick Cup for the Best Female Collegiate Athlete of all sports.
- 2-time winner, Best Collegiate Volleyball Player Award
- NCAA Champion 1982, 1983
- 3-time All American
- USA National Team player from 1986-92, earning 130 international caps, including playing in the Seoul Olympics and named as an alternative to the 1992 Olympic team.
- Played Professionally in Italy (1988-89) and France (1989-1991) helping her team win the
- French League Championships and the 1990 European Champions Cup
- An NCAA Div 1 Head Coach since 1996, currently now with San Diego State University.
- Head Coach of the US Junior Team in 1998, 2000 & 2001.
- Accolades include being named to the NCAA Division 1 Women’s Volleyball 25th
- Anniversary Team in 2005, and is a member of the AVCA Hall of FameFlyer
Head Coach Teee Williams:
- University of Hawaii graduate.
- NCAA Champion in 1987.
- 3-time 1st Team All-American (1987, 1988, 1989),
- 2-time AVCA National Player of the Year (1987, 1989).
- A member of the 1992 Bronze medal winning and 1996 USA Olympic Teams.
- She continued to win mid-2000s National Championships, indoors and beach in Germany.
- Coaching in Germany, since 2006, for Iserlohn Volleyball Club Germany, Haltern Volleyball Club, Holzickede Volleyball Club and Hörde Volleyball Club. Proving her excellence across all divisions and development levels, Teee has successfully coached Mens, Womens and Juniors.
Head Coach Penny Lucas-White:
- First Team, All SEC Honours whilst studying/playing at LSU, Louisiana State University.
- USA National Team 1985-1986
- Professional Career in Italy and Germany
- Began coaching in 1991 at Memphis taking them to Back to Back Conference Titles.
- Has been awarded Four Conference Coach of the Year Awards.
- Currently Coaching at Alabama State University, winning her conference title 5 times in 9 years
- Penny also travels nationally speaking to and training coaches.
Head Coach Pauline Manser, waving the Australian Flag and honours!
- University of New Mexico graduate.
- Two time NCAA All American
- Volleyball Australia Hall of Fame-er has represented Australia in over 150 International
- Indoor and Beach Games.
- 2000 Sydney Olympic Games – Beach
- Australian Women’s National Team Head Coach 2010-2014
- University of New Mexico, Indoor Asst Coach. 2015-2019
- Beach Associate Head Coach 2015-2018, Beach Head Coach 2019
Players will receive:
– presentation on a variety of ways to be successful as a volleyball athlete;
– instruction of skills required;
– different ways to execute skills based on the experience of the coaches
– 4 court sessions in Indoor and Beach, adhering to VA dual discipline direction
– 2 presentation sessions with Head Coaches.
Coaches, in special PD sessions as well as all coaching sessions, will be privy to our Head Coaches sharing their knowledge and experiences on an array of subjects:
– Extensive understanding of NCAA systems and what they as coaches are looking for in players, the timing of this and things to consider for players from Australia
– Their background of training and their pathway to where they are now;
– Their own personal key ideals that work in their programs
– An understanding of how the development pathway in the USA works and the skill model used there;
– Being on Court during Training sessions
– Actively involved during sessions.