Volleyball Victoria participates annually in the Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC). This is a State based National Championships that represents the highest level of volleyball available at the U14-U18 age groups.
Trials will be held at State Volleyball Centre, 270 Stud Road, Dandenong North
May 14th (Open)
May 21st (Open)
May 28th (Invitation Only)
June 4th (Invitation Only)
Trial Times – Download here (Version 4.0 – May 8, subject to change)
All Sunday trainings will run for 2.5 hours and be held between 8am and 6pm.
Trials will proceed during 8-AM-5PM. Time slots TBD.
Divisions: U14 / U15 / U16 / U17 / U18
- All athletes that would like to trial must register online and complete the Athlete Agreement.
- The trial fee of $60 must be paid prior to the commencement of trials.
- The 1st and 2nd State Team Trials for 2023 will be OPEN trials for anyone to register. If you miss the 1st trial, you may still register for the 2nd trial.
- The selection process becomes PROGRESSIVE after the 2nd trial. Therefore, only select athletes will be invited back to the 3rd and 4th trials.
- Squads will be announced on the Volleyball Victoria website. After the 4th trial, final squads are selected for each age group.
- Squads will train together for 3 weeks before teams are then selected from relevant squads.
- Training will be predominately at the State Volleyball Centre with possible trainings at Bendigo Stadium as well as participation in local tournaments.
- Selections for each week will be posted on the Volleyball Victoria website by COB the Tuesday after the 2nd and 3rd with final squads being announced after 4th trial.
U14: Must be born in 2010 or later (players must be 13 years or younger as at 31 December 2023)
U15: Must be born in 2009
U16: Must be born in 2008
U17: Must be born in 2007
U18: Must be born in 2006
WHAT TO WEAR
Athletes are not to wear ANY National, State (any state), Academy uniforms at these selection trials. Athletes will be asked to change if they wear any items from previous National, State or Academy teams. Athletes will receive a Victorian training top as part of the trial fee. This top must be worn for the duration of the trials.
Coaches will be in attendance at the trials. It is expected that all athletes attend the above trials. If you cannot attend one of the above trials, it is expected that you advise the High Performance directly in writing.
TRIAL>>>>SQUADS>>>>TEAMS & SHADOW ATHLETES>>>>TEAMS COMPETE AT AYVC
Victorian State Team squads will be selected from the trialing athletes. Squads will have 3 training sessions together before being selected to teams and shadow athlete positions. Teams and Shadow Athletes will continue up until the Championships.
Teams of 10 are selected to travel to the Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC).
The number of teams selected for the program will depend on the number of suitably qualified and experienced coaches that apply to the program.
Volleyball Victoria will seek to enter a minimum of the following:
- U18: 1 team per gender
- U17: 1 team per gender
- U16: 1 team per gender
- U15: 2 teams per gender
- U14: 2 teams per gender
SQUAD ACCEPTANCE FEE
All athletes selected in the squads must pay a $350 squad acceptance deposit to confirm their selection in the squad. The $350 is non-refundable and will be deducted from the overall Athlete Levy should you be selected in a team to compete at the AYVC.
This fee will need to be paid immediately after the public announcement of the squads on the Volleyball Victoria website at the conclusion of trials.
Failure to do so may result in the athlete forfeiting their position in the program.
Any athletes that are not selected in a team to travel to AYVC in Bendigo will assume the role of a shadow athlete. Shadow Athletes do not travel to AYVC but continue to train with their appropriate squad and may be given the opportunity to step into a team if an athlete withdraws from the program or is unable to participate in the championships for any reason.
Shadow Athletes are an important part the State Team Program and the individual’s volleyball development.
Shadow Athletes are only charged the squad acceptance fee. In the event that a shadow athlete is elevated into a team they would be subject to the full levy.
Training will be held on Sunday’s at the State Volleyball Centre, Dandenong. Attending state team training should be of the highest priority. If you are unable to attend training for any reason please contact your coach/VVI in advance.
The athlete levy, uniform cost, membership and accreditation fees if applicable, is estimated to be between $1,800-$2,300 per athlete.
For more information about the Athlete Levy or general program enquiries, please contact High Performance Manager, Michael Stevens