2023 DEVELOPMENT (Level 2) Coaching Course
Are you a Level 1 volleyball coach looking to take your coaching skills to the next level? Look no further than the Level 2 Coaching Course, hosted by Volleyball Victoria on Sunday, APRIL 2nd at the State Volleyball Centre, Dandenong North!
This one-day course, led by FIVB Level 2 Coach Mick Stevens, is designed to provide coaches with the knowledge and tools needed to take their teams to new heights. The course will cover development level coaching techniques, strategies for developing player skills, and ways to effectively communicate with players and team members.
The course will take place from 10am to approx. 4:00pm, and is majority on-court, practical work with a small amount of theory to be completed too. Attendees will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other coaches to deliver a coaching session where they will apply the concepts learnt, as well as receive feedback from Mick Stevens and other coaches in a peer-to-peer evaluation session.
Not only will this course provide valuable information and skills, but it also offers the opportunity to network with other coaches and gain valuable connections within the volleyball community. The course is open to all Level 1 Victorian coaches, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to take your coaching to the next level.
Don’t wait, register now and be a part of this informative, hands-on learning experience! Sign up today and take the first step towards becoming a more effective, successful coach.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be granted a Volleyball Australia Level 2 “Associate” Coach Accreditation. Coaches can then complete post-course requirements to upgrade to Level 2 “State” Accreditation or they can remain as a Level 2 “Associate” Coach. To register for this course, please click on the links below. The cost is $170 for adults and $130 for Under 18 Members.
Limited spots available.
Date: Sunday, April 2nd, 2023
Location: State Volleyball Centre, 270 Stud Road, Dandenong North
Time: 10:00am – 4:00 pm (Please ensure you arrive by 9:45am for a prompt start)
Breaks: Breaks will be scheduled for Morning Tea and Lunch. Participants must bring their own lunch or purchase on the day (canteen availability TBD).
Presenter: Mick Stevens (FIVB Level 2 Coach)
- You must be a current member of your State or Territory Volleyball Association. Please note your application will be rejected if your state membership is not current. This will be verified by your State.
- You must be an accredited Volleyball Australia Level 1 Coach.
- You must complete the Australian Sport Commission Community Coaching Essential Skills Course (previously Sport AUS Community Coaching General Principles Course) and attain the Certificate of Completion.
- You must complete the following “Play By The Rules” and “Sport Integrity Australia” modules and attain the courses Certificates of Completion:
- PBTR – Harassment and Discrimination
- SIA– Child Safeguarding in Sport Induction (For 18 year olds and over only)
At the completion of this course, you will gain your Volleyball Australia Level 2 “Associate” Coach Accreditation
Adults – Register Here
U18 Members – Register Here
A minimum of 12 participants must be registered for this course to proceed. Courses will be capped at 24 participants (subject to change).
In the event of excess registrations, VVI reserves the right to prioritise coaches who require this accreditation prior to upcoming events (i.e. AYVC).
Please note registration close Friday, March 31st at 3:00pm.
For more information contact; email@example.com