Volleyball Australia will be delivering a Level 3 Coach course in Melbourne for the first time since 2018. This is currently the highest level of qualification offered in the Volleyball Australia coaching pathway.
The course will be delivered face-to-face over 3 days. The course curriculum covers the following topics; Advanced Indoor and Beach Volleyball Offensive and Defensive Systems, Performance Coaching Principles, Season Planning, Physical Development for Volleyball, Recovery Systems for Volleyball, Talent Identification, Performance Analysis & Athlete and Coach Wellbeing.
Accommodation is not included.
PRESENTER: Mick Nelson (Plus additional presenters)
WHEN: 20-22 October 2023. Arriving on site at 11:30am on Friday 20th (Monash), departing at 3:30pm Sunday 22nd (SVC)
- Friday 20th October, 12pm – 7pm (MON)
- Saturday 21st October, 9am – 5pm (MON)
- Sunday 22nd October, 8am – 3:30pm (SVC)
WHERE: Monash University, Clayton Campus (MON) and State Volleyball Centre, Dandenong North (SVC)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Hold a Current VA Level 2 State Coach accreditation
- Be active coaches within the Volleyball Victoria community i.e. State League Premier Level, AVSL, State Team, Beach etc.
Course registrations will be limited and Volleyball Victoria reserves the right to refuse acceptance into this course in favour of coaches deemed more suitable or those who are not active within our community.
To attend the Volleyball Australia Level 3 “Associate” Face to Face Coaching Course, you must complete the following prior:
1. You must be a current member of your State or Territory Volleyball Association and at least 18 years of age.
2. You must be an accredited Volleyball Australia Level 2 “State” Coach.
3. Complete the following Play By The Rules and Sport Integrity Australia modules and attain the courses Certificates of Completion:
At the completion of this course, you will gain your Volleyball Australia Level 3 “Associate” Coach Accreditation. To upgrade to a Level 3 “National” Coach, you must complete the following steps after the course..
1. Go to Volleyball Australia’s Learning Portal to complete the Sport Australia Intermediate Coaching General Principles and attain the course Certificate of Completion. If you are a qualified PE teacher or hold another relevent tertiary degree (e.g. Sport Science), you may be seek an exmption from this requirement. Please contact your State Associaton to discuss.
2. Complete the following Play By The Rules and Sport Integrity Australia modules and attain the courses Certificates of Completion:
4. Return to this portal to upload all the required documents to apply for your Volleyball Australia Level 3 “National” Coach Accreditation Application
A minimum of 16 participants must be registered for this course to proceed and limitations do apply for registrations.
In the event of excess registrations, VVI reserves the right to prioritise coaches who require this accreditation prior to upcoming events (e.g. AYVC).
Please note registration close Monday, Oct 16 at 3:00pm.
For more information contact; email@example.com