Position Available – Member Engagement & Communications Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Member Engagement and Communications Manager for Volleyball Victoria (VV). This is a full-time position that requires excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have experience in website design, membership database management, digital communications including social media, and exceptional customer service. With many special projects on the cards including a website redesign and migration to a new membership platform, there is significant opportunity for the role to have impact on the sport.
Volleyball Victoria Inc is the peak sporting body for volleyball in Victoria and is affiliated with Volleyball Australia. Volleyball Victoria is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation governed by a volunteer Board. VV has seven fulltime and two part-time employees, with three Managers responsible for the core work: Operations and Events, High Performance Pathways and Development & Education. With unprecedented growth state wide, the VV office is transitioning and redistributing roles to better serve our stakeholders and scale up to meet demand.
About the Role
The Member Engagement & Communications Manager is responsible for the promotions, communications, digital/social media for the organisation as well as management of all aspects and levels of membership with Volleyball Victoria including registrations, database management, and affiliate development support.
To be considered for this role, you must be an astute marketing and communications professional with a passion for creating and executing quality content across digital channels and platforms. You will have a solid understanding of the sporting culture and member-based organisations, an ability to effectively communicate on all levels and the ability to work autonomously on projects within a small operations team. This is the ideal job for someone with a keen understanding of current social media and digital comms trends and a desire to work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
- Develop and execute digital communication strategies to engage members and promote the benefits of volleyball events, competitions and services
- Oversee the design and implementation of the volleyball website to ensure it is user-friendly and meets the needs of our members
- Produce key elements of the member communications plan, including newsletters, eDM’s, social media content, presentations and other collateral as needed
- Ensure the Volleyball Victoria brand is consistent across all levels
- Manage the migration of current members to the new member platform and ensure a smooth transition
- Manage annual membership renewals and ensure a high rate of retention
- Provide ongoing support to member clubs, associations and individuals as needed
- Form strong and productive working relationships with external stakeholders with a high level of customer service
- Manage key member initiatives including Diversity, Inclusion and Equity programs (Rainbow Roadmap)
You’ll also be required to be available during major events, during which your role will include specific and daily event-related media and marketing deliverables.
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years experience across a variety of marketing, communications or events roles with community sport/not-for-profit experience a plus. You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter with a high attention to detail and customer service, creativity and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. A stand out applicant will have experience managing projects or campaigns start to finish, have comprehensive understanding of digital marketing channels, along with sound writing skills. Knowledge of volleyball is an advantage but not necessary for this role.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Degree qualified in communications, marketing, sports management or related field with 2-3 years related experience in communications & marketing roles, preferably in the sports industry
- Strong project management skills and experience overseeing digital projects
- Proficient in digital communication tools and platforms, such as social media, email marketing, and website management
- Must be an outstanding writer – this role consists of a significant amount of written communication for a variety of stakeholder audiences, often requiring a quick turn around
- High level knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, Powerpoint, etc) and exposure to marketing and design software (Canva, Adobe Creative Suite) desirable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Highly motivated, solutions-orientated self-starter with adaptable teamwork styles
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work within a Sports Events Schedule, including some weekends or afterhours (Time in Lieu policy applies)
- Must have a current Working With Children’s Check or ability to apply for one and current driver’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of volleyball will be an advantage, but not necessary
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers License
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
Please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description and send to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply by Monday 15 May 2023.
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
We are hiring for this role immediately so review and short listing of applicants will be occurring before application close date.