Volleyball Australia has recently updated its Referee Accreditation Framework. More information regarding how the new framework replaces the existing accreditation levels will be announced by Volleyball Australia
Should you have any questions regarding your accreditation please contact Volleyball Australia email@example.com or phone (02) 6214 3503
Foundation (Level 1) Referee Course
The new refereeing framework has seen a new introductory course implemented. This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner referees.
A referee is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Referee when they successfully complete the following requirements
- Theoretical component: Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Referee course
• Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
• Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent
• The candidate must be at least 12 years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Here is the step by step process on registering successfully for the foundation course:
- Sign up to Play By The Rules and create an account
2. Candidates must complete two modules through the Sports Australia, these are two free modules which roughly take 30 minutes each to complete.
a. Harassment and Discrimination: Click here
b. Child Protection: Click here
3. Once both modules are complete, download and save the completed certificates.
4. Login to the Australia foundation Referee course link below:
5. Wait for automated email, if this doesn’t occur immediately check your junk email. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Audience: Junior Club, Beginner level students, Primary and Secondary School Teachers.
Prerequisites: Child Safety, Harassment and Discrimination see links above.
Duration: Up to 2 hours
Volleyball Australia has announced that as of August 24 2018, the Foundation Coaching and Officiating course prices have increased to $49.50. Should anyone have any questions about this change please contact the Volleyball Australia Office.
Development (Level 2) Referee Course
Course: Development (Level 2) Referees Course
Date: Saturday 8th August, 2020 (online), Saturday 5th September 2020*, Sunday 25th October 2020*
Location: State Volleyball Centre (SVC)
Description: A 1-day Development Level (also known as Level 2) Referee Course.
The course will cover the rules of volleyball, how to score, hand signals and more, through classroom and on court exercises.
Attendees will undergo an examination and practical assessment, and upon successful completion of the course will become Level 2 Candidate Referees. They can then complete post-course requirements, be assessed by a referee assessor and then pay a separate accreditation fee to Volleyball Australia ($22) to become a Level 2 Referee.
- Foundation (Level 1) online course completion
- Working with Children Check (WWCC can be completed after the course but needs to be completed to be accredited)
- Ausport Introduction to Officiating Online course (free): https://learning.ausport.gov.au/auth/login/?returnUrl=
$80 ($64 for U19’s)
Group bookings of 6 or more from the same club/school or association will be granted a 20% overall discount. Group bookings need to be emailed to email@example.com prior to the course to ensure processed correctly.
Saturday 8th August – Catriona Tweedie
*pending updates to COVID and Government Restrictions
School & Association Courses
Referee courses can be organised to be run out of schools & associations. Courses can be arranged midweek or on weekends.
Minimum number of participants is 12. Venues are required to have court space and classroom space with a computer and data projector available. The SVC Dandenong can be hired as a venue at an additional cost.
Additional Courses in schools and other centres across Melbourne and Victoria can be organised specifically for your school or Association simply fill in the application form and return to Volleyball Victoria.
Cost: Development ree Course is dependent on location and number of participants and will vary between $52-82. Please contact Volleyball Victoria on 03 9794 0009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org