Level 1 (Foundation) Referee Course
The new refereeing framework has seen a new introductory course implemented. This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner referees.
A referee is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Referee when they successfully complete the following requirements
- Theoretical component: Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Referee course
• Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
• Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent
• The candidate must be at least 12 years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Here is the step by step process on registering successfully for the foundation course:
- Sign up to Play By The Rules and create an account
2. Candidates must complete two modules through the Sports Australia, these are two free modules which roughly take 30 minutes each to complete.
a. Harassment and Discrimination: Click here
b. Child Protection: Click here
3. Once both modules are complete, download and save the completed certificates.
4. Login to the Australia foundation Referee course link below:
5. Wait for automated email, if this doesn’t occur immediately check your junk email. If you don’t receive the email within 10 minutes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Audience: Junior Club, Beginner level students, Primary and Secondary School Teachers.
Prerequisites: Child Safety, Harassment and Discrimination see links above.
Duration: Up to 2 hours
Volleyball Australia has announced that as of August 24 2018, the Foundation Coaching and Officiating course prices have increased to $49.50. Should anyone have any questions about this change please contact the Volleyball Australia Office.