Sporting Schools is a $160 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children’s participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities.
The Australian Sports Commission has partnered with more than 30 national sporting organizations to deliver sport before, during, and after school hours.
What is Spikezone?
Volleyball Australia is delivering Spikezone as a modified version of volleyball especially designed for primary school students aged between 8-13 years.
In Spikezone, participants learn the skills of volleyball utilizing a games-based approach in an enjoyable, positive environment.
Spikezone modifications include: smaller court, lower net, softer balls, and minor rule changes. Spikezone is an entry point program and progression to Mini-Volleyball.
HOW TO BOOK
– Register your School through the Sporting School website, use this link to the Schools Register User https://portal.sportingschools.gov.au/schools/register-user/
– Apply for funding through the portal for the term
– Create a booking with dates and times for your program
– Volleyball Victoria will contact you within two business days
- Primary School :
- $132.00 Administration fee
- 1 Coach (up to 22 participants for up to an hour) = $99.00 per session
– 1 hr sessions for 4 weeks = $528.00
– 1 hr sessions for 6 weeks = $726.00
- 2 Coaches (up to 30 participants for up to an hour) = $149.00 per session
– 1 hr sessions for 4 weeks = $728.00
– 1 hr sessions for 6 weeks = $1026.00
- Secondary School :
- $132.00 Administration fee
- 1 Coach (up to 22 participants for up to an hour) = $137.50 per session
– 1 hr sessions for 4 weeks = $682.00
– 1 hr sessions for 6 weeks = $957.00
- 2 or more coaches = $66.00 per coach per session
– 1 hr sessions for 4 weeks = $946.00
– 1 hr sessions for 6 weeks = $1353.00
- Secondary School program include a teacher resource pack.
Any variation to this program structure is at the discretion of the provider
To book a program please following the link https://www.sportingschools.gov.au/
Get involved as a coach and you can earn money delivering volleyball at primary and secondary schools on behalf of Volleyball Victoria.
Coaches are eligible to deliver Spikezone programs in Sporting Schools if you have:
– Volleyball Coaching Qualification as a Foundation Level Coach (minimum)
– Working with Children Check
– Endorsement with Volleyball Australia by registering with Volleyball Victoria
– Registered as a coach on Sporting Schools website
As a Teacher you are able to deliver Spikezone programs in Sporting Schools if you have:
– Working with Children Check Remove, they are accredited within the education system – they must have a valid teacher registration.
– Registering as a coach on Sporting Schools website
– Becoming endorsed by Volleyball Australia by registering with Volleyball Victoria.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
Volleyball Clubs and Associations interested in delivering volleyball in Sporting Schools are encouraged to contact Volleyball Victoria
Development Coordinator: Matt Berry
Phone: 03 9794 0009