Volleyball Victoria participates annually in the Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC). This is a State based National Championships that represents the highest level of volleyball available at the U14-U18 age groups.
Trials to be held at State Volleyball Centre, 270 Stud Road, Dandenong North
Sunday 8th May – Open
Sunday 15th May – Open
Sunday 22nd May – Invited Athletes
Sunday 29th May – Invited Athletes
Trial Times – click here
Times and court allocations are subject to change – we’ll do our best to inform you if anything changes.
AUSTRALIAN YOUTH VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022:
Date: 25 – 29 September 2022
Location: Bendigo Stadium, VIC
Divisions: U14 / U15 / U16 / U17 / U18
- All athletes that would like to trial must register online and complete the Athlete Agreement.
- The trial fee of $60 must be paid prior to the commencement of trials.
- The 1st and 2nd State Team Trials for 2022 will be OPEN trials for anyone to register. If you miss the 1st trial, you may still register for the 2nd trial.
- The selection process becomes PROGRESSIVE after the 2nd trial. Therefore, only select athletes will be invited back to the 3rd and 4th trials.
- These will be announced on the Volleyball Victoria website. After the 4th trial, final squads are selected for each age group.
- Squads will train together for 3 weeks before teams are then selected from relevant squads.
- Training will be predominately at the State Volleyball Centre with some trainings at Bendigo Stadium (depending on availability).
- Selections for each week will be posted on the Volleyball Victoria website by COB the Tuesday after the 2nd and 3rd with final squads being announced after 4th trial.
- Registration can be made by clicking the button below:
U14: Must be born in 2009 or later (players must be 13 years or younger as at 31 December 2022)
U15: Must be born in 2008
U16: Must be born in 2007
U17: Must be born in 2006
U18: Must be born in 2005
WHAT TO WEAR
Athletes are not to wear ANY National, State (any state), Academy uniforms at these selection trials. Athletes will be asked to change if they wear any items from previous National, State or Academy teams.
Coaches will be in attendance at the trials. It is expected that all athletes attend the above trials. If you cannot attend one of the above trials, it is expected that you advise the Technical Coordinator directly in writing.
TRIAL >>>> SQUADS >>>> TEAMS & SHADOW ATHLETES >>>> TEAMS COMPETE AT AYVC
Victorian State Team squads will be selected from the trialling athletes. Squads will have 3 training sessions together before being selected to teams and shadow athlete positions. Teams and Shadow Athletes will continue up until the Championships.
Teams of 10 are selected to travel to the Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC).
Volleyball Victoria will seek to enter the following number of teams:
- U18: 1 team per gender
- U17: 1 team per gender
- U16: 1 team per gender
- U15: 2 teams per gender
- U14: 2 teams per gender
SQUAD ACCEPTANCE FEE
All athletes selected in the squads must pay a $300 squad acceptance deposit to confirm their selection in the squad. The $300 is non-refundable and will be deducted from the overall Athlete Levy should you be selected in a team to compete at the AYVC.
This fee will need to be paid immediately after the public announcement of the squads on the Volleyball Victoria website at the conclusion of trials.
Failure to do so may result in the athlete forfeiting their position in the program.
Any athletes that are not selected in a team to travel to AYVC in Bendigo will assume the role of a shadow athlete. Shadow Athletes do not travel to AYVC but continue to train with their appropriate squad and may be given the opportunity to step into a team if an athlete withdraws from the program or is unable to participate in the championships for any reason.
Shadow Athletes are an important part the State Team Program and the individuals volleyball development.
Shadow Athletes are only charged the squad acceptance fee. In the event that a shadow athlete is elevated into a team they would be subject to the full levy.
Training will be held on Sunday’s at the State Volleyball Centre, Dandenong. Training for a AYVC is highly important. Attending state team training should be of the highest priority. If you are unable to attend training for any reason please contact your coach in advance.
The athlete levy, uniform cost, membership and accreditation fees if applicable, is estimated to be between $1,800-$2,300 per athlete.
For more information about the Athlete Levy or general program enquiries, please contact Technical Coordinator, Michael Stevens
TBC (likely Bendigo, Vic)
TBC (likely Bendigo, Vic)