3 August 2020
Regional Victoria and Shire of Mitchell
The Victorian Government has advised effective from 11:59pm Wednesday, 5 August that Regional Victoria, including the Mitchell Shire, is subject to Stage 3 restrictions, in summary you may leave your home for the following reasons:
- to shop for food and essential goods or services
- to provide care, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- to exercise or for outdoor recreation with your household, or one other person
- for work or study, if you can’t do it from home
Community sport, indoor sport and recreation facilities, and outdoor sporting facilities are all closed. An exception for outdoor facilities is allowed where public gathering and physical distancing can be adhered and there is no sharing equipment or use of communal facilities.
Exercise is allowed with one other person or members of your household, provided physical distancing of 1.5m is maintained. Please note, no shared equipment.
For metropolitan Melbourne Stage 4 – Stay at Home restrictions came into effect at 6:00pm Sunday, 2 August, which include a curfew from 8:00pm in the evening until 5:00am the following morning. In summary, you may leave your home for the following reasons:
- to shop for necessary goods and services
- to provide or access care and health care
- undertake work which can’t be done from home
- to exercise
Community sport, indoor sport and recreation facilities, and outdoor sporting facilities are all closed. You can exercise with one other person you live with or a friend or family member, as long as neither of you travel more than 5km from your home. You should keep 1.5 metres distance between you. Don’t hug, kiss or shake hands. You must limit your exercise to once a day and for only one hour.
If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who cannot be left unattended then they may accompany you.